In which I do Summer reading challenges in my winter months because Dec-Feb is too busy and annoying a period to do challenges, and the Internet is all Northern Hemisphere-centric anyway. 😝
20 Books of Summer is hosted by Cathy at 746books.com and the aim, as you may have guessed, is to read 20 book in Summer (i.e. 1 June to 1 September).
How am I going? Well, if you mean in terms of the number of books I’ve read during this period… I’m going great!
If you mean, am I sticking to the TBR I set for myself at the start of June?
Um… I’ve read one of them. Honestly, this was always bound to happen. It’s happening with the low-pressure readathon I’m doing this July (see below). It happened with my first readathon last year. It happens.
So what have I read so far?
- Burn by Patrick Ness.
- Artemis Fowl by Eoin Colfer
- Thunderhead by Neal Shusterman
- What Unbreakable Looks Like by Kate McLaughlin
- A Natural History of Dragons by Marie Brennan
- Dark Matter by Blake Crouch
- Of Hair and No Hair by P. A. Mason
- Euphoria Kids by Alison Evans
- Into the Drowning Deep by Mira Grant
Of these, Euphoria Kids was the only TBR read. And it’s not looking promising for the next little while. I’ve got a couple of ARCs to read. And my July book club book. Nyyyargh.
My original TBR for this one has gone out the window, too, but at least both my ARCs will count towards it! Here’s what I’m going for now:
- Into the Drowning Deep by Mira Grant (red on the cover) (read)
- A Pocketful of Eyes by Lili Wilkinson (orange on the cover)
- Angel Mage by Garth Nix (yellow on the cover)
- The Opium Smuggler by Celine Jeanjean (green on the cover) (ARC)
- Four Dead Queens by Astrid Scholte (blue on the cover) (currently reading)
- The Lost City by Amanda Hocking (purple on the cover) (ARC) (currently reading)
- Scones and Spells by Rosie Pease (pink on the cover) (currently reading)
Unfortunately my July book club read – Children of Blood and Bone by Tomi Adeyemi – doesn’t fit any of those colours (only red, which I’ve already covered), so I’m also going to fit it in somewhere! I’m sure this is all fine! (*cries in the corner*)
So that’s where I am right now! Reading is going a little slowly at the moment because it’s been a bit of a busy week, but I’m hoping to be able to dive in on the weekend and make some solid progress.
How is your reading going? Is lockdown helping or hindering your reading goals?