February is one of those months where I tell myself the format of the books I read doesn’t matter (graphic novel, audio book, etc.) I read six books! That’s what matters!
Also apparently WordPress has a bug which means I can’t do my cute pile-of-books bullet points in the list below, which is sad. But my experience has apparently been passed onto the developers, so here’s hoping it will be back soon!
PAST MONTH’S READING:
- Heartstopper Volume 2 by Alice Oseman (YA romance/graphic novel – 3 stars)
- Heartstopper Volume 3 by Alice Oseman (YA romance/graphic novel – 3 stars)
- Warm Bodies by Isaac Marion (dystopian/zombie fiction – 4 stars – review forthcoming)
- The Killing Code by Ellie Marney (YA historical fiction/thriller – review)
- The Clocks by Agatha Christie (mystery – 3 stars)
- Heartstopper Volume 4 by Alice Oseman (YA romance/graphic novel – 4 stars)
I’ve started making booktube videos again! Here’s the latest:
After spending some time being pretty broke,
You can see all my bookish photos and reels (plus some RL as well) on my Instagram.
Physical book: I’ve just picked up Certain Dark Things by Silvia Moreno-Garcia again, after putting it aside last October when I was sick and exhausted (right before going travelling for 3 months). Ugh, it is exactly the vibe I’ve been wanting. I wish I’d picked it back up sooner! The only is that the print is really small but I’m coping!
Ebook: Nothing at the moment.
Audio book: I’m listening to A Kind of Magic by Anna Spargo-Ryan. This is a memoir in which the author documents her lifelong struggles with mental illness. It can be harrowing at times but she approaches the subject with a lot of humour. Anna narrates the audio book and hearing her describe her own experiences adds another special layer to it.
PLANNING TO READ NEXT:
I’m not sure yet, but it might be Tussaud by Belinda Lyons-Lee. I picked this up earlier in the month and wasn’t getting into it, but maybe it’s time to try again.
What are you reading? 🙂