We have been back on home turf for a week now, and it’s been such a relief! I’m heading back to work tomorrow and it will be good to really settle back into routines. Quantitatively, it’s been an excellent reading month, but Heartstopper was the only book that I gave more than three stars to. The rest of my reads have all been fine down to okay. Fingers crossed for some 4 and 5 star reads in February!
PAST MONTH’S READING:
- Cupcakes, Trinkets and Other Deadly Magic (Dowsers #1) by Meghan Ciana Doidge (cozy mystery/urban fantasy – 2 stars – review)
- The Ghostly Grounds: Murder and Breakfast by Sophie Love (cozy mystery – 3 stars – review)
- Miss Percy’s Guide to the Care and Feeding of British Dragons (historical fantasy – 3 stars)
- A Study in Time by Maureen Flynn (sci-fi – 3 stars)
- Behind the Veil by E. J. Dawson (historical fantasy/horror – 3 stars – review forthcoming)
- Mrs Rochester’s Ghost by Lindsa Marcott (thriller – 2 stars)
- The Mightnight Library by Matt Haig (magical realism – 3 stars)
- Heartstopper by Alice Oseman (YA romance/graphic novel – 4 stars)
I’ve started making booktube videos again! Here’s the latest:
Not exactly a bookish photo but book-adjacent! I only used my British Library card for one day and I won’t get back there before it expires, but I was pretty chuffed to get it!
You can see all my bookish photos and reels (plus some RL as well) on my Instagram.
I don’t actually have anything on the go at the moment. I finished Heartstopper earlier this afternoon.
PLANNING TO READ NEXT:
It’s very likely it will be Heartstopper Volume 2. Being very simple graphic novels, these do not take long to get through at all and my partner has bought the whole series. I’m doing the Sims Readathon in February and one of the prompts is to read a book with a school setting, for which this series works perfectly.
What are you reading? 🙂