The 2017 Beat The Backlist challenge is hosted over at Novelknight. The aim of this challenge is to attack the books that have been languishing on your TBR for a while, while you’ve been favouring all those shiny, new releases as they come out. As such, no 2017 releases count towards the challenge, but everything published 2016 or earlier does.
My goals for the year are to read at least 20 books that I own, and at least 20 books that I added to my GoodReads TBR prior to 2016. This is the page where I will keep track of those. I don’t read an awful lot of new releases, so it’s possible a lot of the other books I read this year will also technically count for the challenge, but I will only list them here if they fall under one of these two categories.
Books that I own:
- The Mother of Dreams: Portrayals of Women in Modern Japanese Fiction edited by Makota Ueda (Review)
- Walpiri Women’s Voices: Our Lives, Our History” edited by Petronella Vaarzon-Morel (Review)
- Heart of Brass by Felicity Banks (Review)
- Poison Study by Maria V. Snyder (Review)
- The Betrayal of Bindy MacKenzie (Review)
Books I added to GoodReads prior to 2016:
- The Creeping Shadow by Jonathan Stroud (Review)
- The Dark Unwinding by Sharon Cameron (Review)
- Unspoken by Sarah Rees Brennan (Review)