I first joined in 2016, with the aim to read and review 12 books by AWWs, including two by indigenous authors and two by LGBTI* authors. While I didn’t quite succeed on the LGBTI* front (I left it too late, and then didn’t end up liking one of the books I had selected enough to finish it), I did succeed on the other fronts, and ended up reviewing 16 books by Australian Women.
This year I have set myself the same challenge, and plan to do better on the diversity front.
If you would like more information about the Australian Women Writers Challenge, please click here.
The following list is the titles I have read for the 2017 AWW Challenge, and links to the reviews.
- The Natural Way of Things by Charlotte Wood (thriller – 3 stars)
- The Rebirth of Rapunzel by Kate Forsyth (non-fiction – 3 stars)
- A Corner of White by Jaclyn Moriarty (YA fantasy – 4 stars)
- The Cracks in the Kingdom by Jaclyn Moriarty (YA fantasy – 4 stars)
- A Tangle of Gold by Jaclyn Moriarty (YA fantasy – 2.5 stars)
- Puberty Blues by Kathy Lette and Gabrielle Carey (YA – 2 stars)
- Walpiri Women’s Voices: Our Lives, Our History compiled by Janet Nakamarra Long and Georgina Napangardi and edited by Petronella Vaarzon-Morel (non-fiction – unrated)