2015 WRITING GOALS
A More Complicated Fairytale
Format for CreateSpace to know page numbers Write back cover copy (enlist Edy to help) Find stock images[these three goals all completed by around 04/04/2015]
- Liaise with Kathi about a cover (sub-goal: don’t take forever to answer emails)
Come up with a more fitting title– no longer necessary, since I went back to the original version of the story where this title makes sense [3/1/2015] Work out plot holes– figured these out by turning the two sub-plots into their own separate stories [3/1/2015] Finish rough outline– complete [10/1/2015] Create scene-by-scene outline– As the story became much shorter in its new form, I was happy to just have this in my head. [10/1/2015] Be guided by outline but aim for 8 to 10k.– First draft came out at 9k [14/2/2015] Brainstorm second draft Write second draft.
Unicorn Love ended up in the form of a 3000 word short story, which I completed on 30/03/2015.
- Brainstorm world-building. Aim for 2000-3000 words of notes on this.
- Figure out how it ends
- Write rough outline
- Write scene-by-scene outline
- Create Aeon timeline to check everything fits in
- Be guided by outline, but aim for 50,000 (good) words
- Come up with a title
- MMM post Mondays
- WIPpet and ROW80 check-in every Wednesday
- Comment on 5 other ROW80 blogs and return comments
- Reply to WIPpet comments and visit as many others as possible (try for at least half)
- Book review every second Friday
Other Things to Get Distracted By