January has been a bit slow for reading and even slower for reviewing. I never really felt settled into a new 2021 routine before I took a week’s holiday to go visit my parents. I feel like I’m finding my groove now but I do think it’s a bit rude that my GoodReads challenge is already saying I’m two books beh
So without further ado:
PAST MONTH’S READING:
- A Wild Winter Song by Gregory Maguire (magical realism/historical fantasy – 3 stars – not intending to review)
- The Rising Rooks by Celine Jeanjean (fantasy/steampunk – 5 stars – review)
- Mad, Bad & Dangerous to Know by Samira Ahmed (YA contemporary/historical – 4 stars – review forthcoming
- Hard Time by Jodi Taylor (YA sci-fi- 3 stars – review forthcoming)
I have a YouTube channel where I promote Australian books using the hashtag #AusReads, and also indulge my compulsion for signing up to readathons. Here are the latest videos:
- How I nearly completed a readathon for once in 2020 – #AusReads and #Musicalathon Wrap-up
- December Library Haul – What I’ll be reading over the holidays
FAVOURITE BOOKISH PHOTO:
This was the library haul I ended up with very early on in the year. Usually I have a decent amount of self-restraint when I go to the library but it failed me a few times in a row .
You can see all my bookish photos (plus some RL as well) on my Instagram.
Physical book: I have returned to Axiom’s End by Lindsay Ellis. I am really enjoying this, but I can understand why some people would find it slow or tedious.
Ebook: Nothing at the moment.
Audio book: While in theory I have an audio book in progress, it’s very much on hold at the moment as I really haven’t been in the mood for audio books.
PLANNING TO READ NEXT:
I think next will be Everless and Evermore by Sara Holland. I gave Everless five stars when I read it as an ARC a few years ago, but I never got around to reading the sequel. So I may just skim Everless and then dive into Evermore properly. Or I might get totally sucked in. I can’t remember much so I probably will. Hopefully I enjoy it just as much the second time around!
What are you reading? 🙂
2 thoughts on “January 2021 Reading Wrap-up”
Fab library haul! I hope February will be a good bookish month for you. xx
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thanks! It is definitely off to a good start!
LikeLiked by 1 person