At the start of October, I was speeding through a book every two days. I was hoping to keep that momentum up in the second half of the month, but alas, it didn’t happen. Still, I read a decent amount of books. I also participated in my first readathon, and I have already signed up for another one because I had so much fun!
Having said that, I’ve got other challenges to finish before the end of the year, plus a bunch of library books, so we’ll see how I actually go. Oh, and did I mention I’ll be doing NaNoWriMo at the same time?
Past Month’s Reading:
- Monuments by Will Kostakis (YA urban fantasy – 4 stars – review) (read September, reviewed October)
- Evangeline and the Spiritualist by Madelein D’Este (YA steampunk – 4 stars – review forthcoming)
- The Dead of Winter by Chris Priestley (MG horror – 2.5 stars – review)
- Songbird by Ingrid Laguna (MG contemporary – 5 stars – review)
- Vampire Island by Adele Griffin (MG urban fantasy – unrated – not intending to review)
- The Kingdom by Jess Rothenberg (YA sci-fi/thriller – 5 stars – review)
- Serpent and Dove by Shelbie Mahurin (YA fantasy – 4 stars – review forthcoming)
- The White Hornet by Celine Jeanjean (steampunk fantasy – 5 stars – review)
- Evangeline and the Mysterious LIghts (YA steampunk – 3 stars – review forthcoming)
I have a Booktube account where I talk about Australian books. I didn’t post for about six months but I said October would be the month when I got back into it and I meant it! I got two videos posted.
You can check out the channel whole here.
Favourite Bookish Photo:
I always love the covers for Celine Jeanjean’s books and this one for the White Hornet is no different! You can see all my bookish photos (plus some RL as well) on my Instagram.
Physical book: Too Flash by Melissa Lucashenko. This is a YA contemporary that I’m reading as part of my Australian Women Writers Challenge. I’m not very far in, yet, but it’s got a really authentic voice that I love.
Ebook: A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas. I have to be honest, I wasn’t intending to read this series but a close friend recommended it so I’m giving it a go. So far, so good though it’s kind of on hold until I get some library books read.
Audio book: Circe by Madeline Miller. Audible kept recommending this to me so I selected it when Iw as at a loss about what to listen to. It’s not something I would normally read but I do enjoy my witches in fiction and Circe was kind of the original.
Planning to read next:
In my September wrap-up I said I was listening to the audio book of Illumination by Karen Brooks. This was way too long and I knew I wouldn’t get through it before it was due back, so I have the hard copy instead and that is next up. It is quite a hefty tome, though! Lugging it around is going to be annoying.
What are you reading? 🙂