Past Month’s Reading:
Another decent reading month with a total of 8 books read!
- Hive by A. J. Betts (YA dystopia – 3 stars – review) (read March, reviewed April)
- A Thousand Pieces of You by Claudia Gray (YA sci-fi/romance – 4.5 stars – review) (read March, reviewed April)
- Ten Thousand Skies Above You by Claudia Gray (YA sci-fi/romance – 3.5 stars – review)
- A Million Worlds With You by Claudia Gray (YA sci-fi/romance – 4 stars – review)
- The Steam Engines of Oz by Sean Patrick O’Reilly, Erik Hendrix and illustrations by Yannis Roumboulias (fantasy graphic novel – 3 stars – not intending to review)
- Wolfhunter River by Rachel Caine (thriller – 4 stars – review)
- Romanov by Nadine Brandes (YA historical fantasy – 3.5 stars – review)
- The Winter Freak Show by Daniel Parsons (MG historical fantasy – 2 stars – not intending to review)
- The Doll Maker by Celine Jeanjean (steampunk – 5 stars – review)
- P Is For Pearl by Eliza Henry Jones (YA contemporary – 3 stars – review forthcoming)
I have a BookTube Channel where I talk about Australian books. I only got one video posted this month, though I intend to get a bit more on top of it in the coming weeks.
Favourite Bookish Photo:
So this is more about the book I’m writing than any that I read during the month, but I didn’t do any book posts! I’m really pleased with where my Camp NaNoWriMo project took me, though. The MS is now at 60000 words and I love the direction it’s taking!
You can see all my bookish photos (plus some RL as well) on my Instagram.
Physical book: Nothing at the moment.
Ebook: I am reading an ARC of Lucid by Kristy Fairlamb, which came out last week. I usually don’t pick up ARCs after their release date but I follow Kristy on Twitter and the book was Read Now on NetGalley and here we are.
Audio book: I am about a third of the way through Enchantée by Gita Trelease. I don’t mind it but I think it’s going to take me a while to get through.
Planning to read next:
I’m going to pick up The Things That Will Not Stand by Michael Gerard Bauer and get back into my Children’s Book Council of Australia 2019 Notables challenge. This sounds like an interesting one and it’s quite short, so I hope I will get through it quite quickly.
What are you reading? 🙂