Happy new year, everyone!
I had wanted to get this post up in 2018 but I ran out of days. I managed to persuade myself that year-ends are social constructs and arbitrary anyway, so it doesn’t matter. The world keeps turning. Ha.
Past Month’s Reading:
I still managed six books in December, depite end-of-year busy-ness. Here they are.
- Truly Devious by Maureen Johnson (Truly Devious #1) (YA thriller – 4 stars – review)
- The Midnight Watch by David Dyer (historical fiction – 4 stars – review)
- Olmec Obituary by L. J. M. Owen (Elizabeth Pimms #1) (mystery – 3 stars – review)
- Sixty Seconds by Jesse Blackadder (drama – 3.5 stars – review)
- Wundersmith by Jessica Townsend (Nevermoor #2) (MG fantasy – 3 stars – review)
- The Enchanted Sonata by Heather Dixon Wallwork (YA fantasy – 4 stars – review)
Favourite Bookish Photo:
Most of my photos in December were Christmas-related rather than bookish, but I thought this one turned out quite well. You can see all my bookish photos on my Instagram.
Physical book: Nothing on the go right now.
Ebook: The Gilded Wolves by Roshani Chokshi. This is an ARC and the official release is January 15. I’ve heard good things about it from people who’ve already read it and it sounds like something I’ll really enjoy. Here’s to getting the year off to a good start!
Audio book: I am about a third of the way through Strange the Dreamer by Laini Taylor. This is a lot longer than the audio books I usually listen to, so I’ll be working through this one for a while, I think.
Planning to read next:
I am planning to re-read The Bloodless Assassin by Celine Jeanjean and its sequel in preparation for the release of the third book in the series at the end of the month. Then I plan to make some headway through my ARCs.
What are you reading? 🙂