Past Month’s Reading:
I felt rather slumpy this month, though seven titles, only two of which were audio, is not a bad effort for a month. Particularly considering I have been quite busy and reading time was hard to come by. I’m also a bit behind on my reviews! August seemed to drag on, there were times when I wasn’t well, and on top of that, I also had uni work and job applications pop up and take up a lot of time.
- Station Eleven by Emily St John Mandel (dystopia – 4 stars – review) (read July, reviewed August)
- Loch of the Dead by Oscar de Muriel (historical mystery – 3 stars – review)
- Legion by Brandon Sanderson (science fiction – 4 stars – review)
- Sleeping Giants by Sylvain Neuvel (science fiction – 4 stars – review forthcoming)
- Blackwing by Ed McDonald (fantasy – 3 stars – review forthcoming)
- All the Little Bones by Ellie Marney (contemporary/crime/romance – 5 stars – review)
- Waking Gods by Sylvain Neuvel (science fiction – 3 stars – review forthcoming)
- Legion: Skin Deep by Brandon Sanderson (science fiction – 3 stars – not planning to review)
Physical book: As I just finished Skin Deep literally last night, I am currently not in the middle of anything.
Audio book: I have just started Only Human by Sylvain Neuvel, the third and final book in the Themis Files. I have really enjoyed the first two so I hope this last instalment lives up to them.
Planning to read next:
Someone in a Facebook group I’m a part of suggested trying an anthology to stop feeling so slumpy. I have picked up Because You Love to Hate Me: 13 Tales of Villainy, which features 13 stories from the villain’s perspective by different popular YA authors. I’m really excited to read this one.