First of all, just a quick note to say that as of today, A Keyboard and an Open Mind will be a bit quite until mid-April. I am heading to Nepal on Monday, returning to Australia on April 14. While I’m away, I’m going to have only the most basic of Internet access, so I won’t be scheduling any book reviews! I’ll see you on the other side!
Past Month’s Reading:
Here’s my March-April TBR:
While I only ticked three books off my official list, I did power through ten books all together.
The things I read and reviewed were:
- Hyperbole and a Half by Allie Brosh (non-fiction/memoir/comic – 3 stars – not reviewed)
- Deadly Sweet by Lola Dodge (urban fantasy – 4 stars – review)
- Deep Storm by Lincoln Child (sci-fi/thriller – 2 stars – not reviewed)
- Daddy Darkest by Ellery Kane (thriller – 3.5 stars – review)
- Call Me Sasha by Geena Leigh (memoir – 3 stars – review)
- A Kiss from Mr Fitzgerald by Natasha Lester (historical romance – 4 stars – review)
- The Last Days of Night by Graham Moore (historical fiction – 5 stars – review)
- The Sherlockian by Graham Moore (historical fiction – 3 stars – review)
- Ready Player One by Ernest Cline (YA dystopia – 1 star – review)
- Manhattan (Lovers and Liars #1) by Liz Meldon (erotic/fantasy – 3 stars – not reviewed)
Physical book: The Bone Season by Samantha Shannon. This is not what I expected it to be but I’m hoping I’ll still enjoy it. It’s quite long but I have a four-hour train trip on Sunday, so I’m hoping to get through a decent amount of it then.
Audio book: I don’t have an audio book on the go right now.
Planning to read next:
I am headed to Nepal on Monday! I have several ebooks earmarked for reading on the plane including Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery and A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L’Engle. Part of me wants to say that I’ll spend my 30 hours of plane travel (about 15 hours each way) powering through all my books, the other part of me knows I will totally spend probably a fair chunk of it watching movies or playing games on the in-flight system.
As I noted above, this blog will be quiet over the next couple of weeks, but I’ll hopefully be back into blogging as soon as I return.