Past Month’s Reading:
I read ten books all up in February! The majority of these were audio books, actually, as I’ve been spending huge amounts of time training for my trip to Nepal in April. I only had two titles remaining on my Jan/Feb TBR, having read another two in February and DNFed a third. Murder on the Orient Express and The Bone Season will carry over onto my next TBR, and I have drawn six other titles out of my TBR Jar.
The things I read and reviewed were:
- Lion by Saroo Brierley (memoir – 4 stars – review) (Read January, reviewed February)
- Your One and Only by Adrienne Finlay (YA sci-fi – 4 stars – review)
- Hunted by Meagan Spooner (YA historical fantasy – 4 stars – review)
- You Sent Me A Letter by Lucy Dawson (thriller – 3 stars – not reviewed)
- Keep Her Safe by Richard Parker (thriller – 2 stars – review)
- Magonia by Maria Dahvana Headley (YA sci-fi/fantasy – 3 stars – review)
- The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas (YA contemporary – 4 stars – review)
- Across the Nightingale Floor by Lian Hearn (YA fantasy – 3 stars – review forthcoming)
- The Matchmakers by Jennifer Colgan (fantasy romance – 3.5 stars – review forthcoming)
- Bootleg by Alex Shearer (children’s/humour – 3 stars – review forthcoming)
- Adulthood is a Myth by Sarah Andersen (comic/humour – 3 stars – not planning to review)
As you can see, I’m a bit behind on my reviews at the moment. Hoping to get caught up by the weekend.
Physical book: Deadly Sweet by Lola Dodge, which promises to be a lot of fun and Hyperbole and a Half by Allie Brosh, which is bringing back some memories of when her blog was still active. I’m finding barely any time for reading, though, between training and my newly discovered inspiration for my own novel.
Audio book: I haven’t actually started it yet, but I have Deep Storm by Lincoln Child downloaded.
Planning to read next:
Come back on Saturday for my March/April TBR!