Past Month’s Reading:
I made my bi-monthly TBR a little less ambitious this year, and I think that is working. I am exactly halfway through! I also read a few library books and listened to a couple of audio books and am sat at 6 books read so far in 2018. Pretty much on par with previous years, so I’m happy with that!
The things I read and reviewed were:
- Vicious by V. E. Schwab (superheroes – 2.5 stars – review) (read 12/2017, reviewed 01/2018)
- Beautiful Mess by Claire Christian (YA contemporary – 4 stars – review) (read 12/2017, reviewied 01/2018)
- False Awakening (Lucid Dreaming #2) by Cassandra Page (urban fantasy – 3 stars – review)
- Everless by Sara Holland (YA fantasy – 4.5 stars – review)
- The Empty Grave (Lockwood & Co. #5) by Jonathan Stroud (YA urban fantasy – 4 stars – review)
- Mr Stink by David Walliams (children’s fiction – 3 stars – review)
- The Hospital by the River by Dr Catherine Hamlin (autobiography – 4 stars – review)
- Lion by Saroo Brierley (autobiography – 4 stars – review forthcoming)
Physical book: Your One and Only by Adrianne Finlay. This has been a surprisingly compelling read. I’m about 50 pages from the end, and should have a review up next Monday.
Audio book: Hunted by Meaghan Spooner. This is a retelling of Beauty and the Beast set in medieval Russia and also drawing on Russian fairytales like the Firebird. I am enjoying it so far and with the amount of walking I’m doing lately, I am having a fair bit of time for audio books, I’m getting through it fairly quickly. That said, I wouldn’t say I’m overly invested though. We’ll see if it picks up, though.
Planning to read next:
I have some library books that I want to get to in the next few days. I think they are mostly YA contemporaries. I’ve found over the past year, that particular genre has really grown on me, and some of my favourite reads are now falling under that category.