Past Month’s Reading:
October felt like a return to regular reading habits , even though other things fell off the wagon with the end of semester and associated pressures looming. I managed to tick a whole five books off my official TBR, as well as cram in a few other things not listed.
^^ I’ll get it all ticked off by the end of the year, right?
The things I read and reviewed were:
- The Invisible Man by H. G. Wells (4 stars – not reviewed)
- The Beautiful Ones by Silvia Moreno-Garcia (3.5 stars – review)
- Fake Geek Girl by Tansy Rayner Roberts (4 stars – review)
- Unmagical Boy Story by Tansy Rayner Roberts (4 stars – not reviewed)
- The Foretelling of Georgie Spider by Ambelin Kwaymullina (3 stars – review)
- The Asylum by Johan Theorin (2.5 stars – review)
- Rise of the Sparrows by Sarina Langer (4 stars – review)
- See What I Have Done by Sarah Schmidt (2 stars – review)
- Begin, End, Begin: a #LoveOzYA Anthology edited by Danielle Binks (4 stars – review to come)
- The Bromancers by Tansy Rayner Roberts (4* stars – review to come)
Physical book: Not Your Sidekick by C. B. Lee. This is really diverse superhero story. The diversity gets a 5/5 , though the writing style is more 3.5/5. Still, I am really enjoying it and unless it does something to really disappoint me in the second half, will probably grab the sequel when I can.
Audio book: The Little Teashop of Lost and Found by Trisha Ashley. I’m about a quarter of the way through this, and going slowly, since I’m really only listening to it when I’m driving on my own, and that’s not all that often at the moment. And sometimes I listen to music instead. It is cute enough for me to want to keep going, but it does have some pacing issues and the main character is naive to the next level. But she has purchased the titular teashop now, so I’m hoping things will start moving forward properly.
Planning to read next:
On Friday, I am going on holidays for a few days, and I intend to read quite a lot… though I am also doing an escape room and going to markets and doing some hiking… but still. I am planning to take the last three Series of Unfortunate Events books by Lemony Snicket and finally see that series through. I also have three other books from the library, and Nyxia by Scott Reintgen will be the first of those that I read.
Then it’s back to the books on the above TBR graphic, though I haven’t quite worked out which order I’ll read those in.