It is Wednesday, and that means WWW Wednesday! Yaaaay! WWW Wednesday is a blog hop in which we answer questions about what we’ve been reading this past week. This is hosted by Sam over at A World of Words. You can join in by commenting on today’s post over on her blog.
- What are you currently reading?
I purchased The Raven King, the 4th book in the Raven Cycle by Maggie Stiefvater, when it was released yesterday. At time of writing this post, I’m about 25% into it and… well, I was hoping the final book in the series would be a bit more exciting? Cabeswater is being a bit weird, and there have been a couple of important conversations, but mostly it’s just sort of ambling on…
I also read about 30% of The Edge of Darkness by K. L. Schwengel during train journeys on the weekend. I would have read a lot more except I spent a lot of the travel time sleeping. I plan to get back to this as soon as I’m done with the Raven King. I honestly don’t read a lot of high fantasy, but I do recommend this series.
- What did you recently finish reading?
I finished Blue Lily, Lily Blue by Maggie Stiefvater, the third in the Raven Cycle. I was actually a bit disappointed in that one. I felt the story was really starting to drag, and I think that’s why I’m feeling especially disappointed that the new book doesn’t really seem to be picking up the pace. Review goes up on Friday. Speaking of reviews, mine for The Dream Thieves (Book 2) went up on Monday.
- What do you think you’ll read next?
I gave up waiting for my library’s on order of A Gathering of Shadows, the sequel to A Darker Shade of Magic by V. E. Schwab, to come in, and bought the ebook. I imagine that will be next, before all the hype wears down (I know, that’s not something people say all that often, but this is one where I want to share in the excitement!).
- Rivers of London by Ben Aaronovitch. I think I actually read in its entirety back in 2011 or 2012, but have literally no memory of it.
- The Last Days of Magic by Mark Tompkins, which I spotted on Yvo’s blog, I think.
- The Kingdom of Little Wounds by Susann Cokal, which I mostly picked up because of the stunning cover (seriously, go check it out), and
- The Poison Diaries by Maryrose Wood.
So that’s my next few weeks’ reading cut out for me, I think!
What have you been reading this week? Any recommendations?