Okay, the weeks need to stop going by this quickly. I can’t cope anymore. I’ve got too much going on and not enough time to fit it all in. When I first started setting weekly goals for myself, I was writing the goals and then set out what I would do each day of the week to achieve them. I got lax with this second part, but I really do need to go back to it. The last few weeks I’ve kept putting things off until suddenly it’s Tuesday again and I don’t know what I’m doing.
Having said all that, how did I go this week?
- Continue with ROW80 goal of 250 words a day/keep on track with Camp NaNo. – I am currently still on track with this.
- Read for half an hour a day – I probably didn’t quite manage this, but I did finally finish The Book Thief today. It was beautifully written, but… (and I hate to say this), overall I liked the movie better.
- Read uni readings for at least one hour a day – it probably averages out. I did a few hours at the library on Saturday afternoon and a little more Sunday night and last night.
- Make a bullet-pointed plan for the essay and email it to the course convener for feedback –
I didn’t email him a plan but I have sent through my general ideas for the essay. I’m waiting to hear back from him.
- Reply to all comments received on
thislast week’s post – yes!
- Visit at least 50% of fellow WIPpet Wednesday post – It wasn’t 50%. 😦 Maybe 3 or 4?
- Visit at least 5 ROW80 posts – yeah, um…. nope. I just wasn’t in a blogging frame of mind this week.
I’ll do WIPpet Wednesday now, and then get back to the goals for the coming week. That way, people don’t have to read a million word post if they’re not here for all of that. I have four lines from my Camp NaNo document for the fourth month. Basically, this is what happens when you’re not fully in control of your magic, you’re already upset for other reasons, and then your boyfriend’s wife confronts you about the affair you’ve been having… I may have accidentally-on-purpose forgotten to mention last week that Frederick Merrow is married. The affair hadn’t actually started where last week’s excerpt left off, though, so…
It was over soon enough, and a solid statue stood where Mrs Merrow had previously been. Frederick’s words from one of their earliest lessons came back to Rosa. He had warned her to be careful with her words and not leave room for her power to misinterpret them. She had done exactly what he had warned her not to.
Yep. And it continues downhill from there.
So, like, goals and stuff.
- Stay on track with Camp NaNo
- Write 1000 words of history essay pending response from course convener
- Write a new forum response for history
- Read half an hour a day
- Visit 50% of WIPpet Wednesday posts
- Visit 5 ROW80 blogs
- Read over lecture slides for three MUSC8017 lectures
In order to complete these I will:
Friday: history readings and forum responseSaturday: spend morning on blogs and afternoon at the library working on essay
Sunday: free day, or more library time if necessary
Tuesday: Read over lecture slides.
This will do for now, as it’s time for me to go to bed. I will probably revise these and make them a little more helpful when I am more awake. You can join in on WIPpet Wednesday here, or ROW80 here. Goodnight!