Today is July 1, the first day of the second half of 2014. Since finishing the edits on A More Complicated Fairytale in April, I haven’t really written anything amazingly useful, and have spent the past few days leafing through notes I’ve made on stories I’ve never completed and wondering (read: stressing about) whether I’ve only got one complete story in me and I’ll never finish another one (don’t worry, I’m 99.9% confident this is not the case, I just every now and then let that o.1% get to me… like when the only thing I’m writing is fanfiction and I’m only writing a few hundred words every few days on it).
I had a big think about this on the weekend and as a result, I’ve decided to try to work out what I want to achieve in the next six months, and how I might go about achieving it. So, without further ado:
- Not a writing goal but putting it here nonetheless: return to using My Fitness Pal as a way to track eating and hold myself accountable if I am over-indulging/encourage myself not to over-indulge.
- In months where I’m not participating in a NaNoWriMo-type event, return to previous writing goal of two nights a week, sitting down for an hour and working on writing. I usually end up achieving more than this when I’m really into a project, but two hours a week doesn’t feel like work when I’m not on a roll.
- Participate more fully in ROW80 again – post check-ins on Wednesdays, as well as try to visit five blogs after each check-in.
- Camp NaNoWriMo, 500 words a day on new WIP “Unicorn Love” for a total of 15500 words by the end of the month.
- Organise (or at least make a proper start on organising) a cover for AMCF
- Have AMCF proofread.
- Bribe Edy with cake (or similar) to achieve said proofreading.
- Decide whether or not to continue with Unicorn Love depending on how July goes.
- Brainstorm and write an outline for AMCF companion, An Eventual Happily Ever After.
- Read over the version of AEHEA from last year’s NaNoWriMo, decide what might be kept.
- Publish AMCF?! (I had August in mind as a publication date at the beginning of the year and if I get myself into gear, this is totally still possible)
- Work on new version of AEHEA (and Unicorn Love if I decide to continue with that as well), following two hours/week goal.
- Continue work on AEHEA and UL
- Decide what I will write for NaNoWriMo
- Start planning NaNoWriMo.
- NaNoWriMo madness!
- Take a bit of a break, but don’t let up entirely.
- Work out a better December goal closer to the time, and when some more progress has been made.
- It feels a bit too far away for me to make any kind of goal right now.
Even though the new round doesn’t start until next week, I’m using this post as my ROW80 Goals Post for round 3 as well, since I’ve pretty much listed my goals. Hopefully I’ll see you around there as well! 🙂