Yep, I changed my blog URL. But don’t worry, I paid for the site redirect for my old blog URL, so hopefully you won’t get lost. That will last for 12 months, and then I may extend for a second 12 months, at which point I doubt anyone will still be linking to spaciireth posts.
This week has been tricky in terms of writing. Like I think I said on Wednesday, I’m at the point with AMCF where a lot of the first draft can be copied and pasted into the second draft, just with little additions or amendments. This does mean, though, that I need both files open, and I can’t just write in my notebook during my breaks at work. Also, due to the nature of my work, I can’t have tea breaks at my desk, because I have way too much valuable, historical stuff there to have anything other than water with me. I’ve added about a thousand words of new material this week, but most of it’s going to be incidental stuff from here on in. At least, until I reach the bit at the end where everything is different to the original draft again.
This morning I was tagged for this meme by the Elaine Jeremiah and figured it was rather appropriate for a ROW80 check-in. I’m going to apply the answers to AMCF because it’s the WIP I’ve been working on this week.
1. What is the name of your current WIP?
A More Complicated Fairytale
2. Ready to do a cover reveal?
Nope! Getting the story more together before I start sourcing cover artists.
3. How many words are you into it?
The first draft was 22574 words. I’m 6686 words into the second draft.
4. Goal word count by the end of the week?
5. Goal word count for the entire manuscript?
For the first draft it was 20000 words, which I went slightly over. I’m guessing 25000ish for the second.
6. What genre does your work in progress fall within?
Romance, also very low fantasy.
7. When would you *like* to publish this project?
Preferably by the end of this year, but the year is getting away from me so fast, and I’m travelling November-December, so we’ll see if that actually becomes a reality.
8. Go to page 5 of your manuscript and pick a sentence at random to share with us!
“I don’t know!” Ginny exclaimed. ‘Let’s just go this way and see what we find!”
9. Will this WIP turn into a series book?
Wasn’t my intention, but Ginny is sitting in the corner of my mind telling me she wants her own story after I finish telling her sister’s.
10. What has been the hardest challenge in working on this WIP?
Establishing the setting as clearly on the page as it is in my head.
11. What has been your favorite part of working on this WIP?
Becoming so invested in my characters. *snuggles them*
12. Any special treat planned for when you finish the final draft of your WIP?
I will do a happy dance (which, judging by past experience, basically involves me leaping about the room and air-punching). I might obtain a non-alcoholic fancy drink, though.
13. Tag three people to complete this WIP meme!
Gosh, I’ve been tagging people all over the place the last couple of days!
Have a fabulous rest of your weekend! I’m going to finish watching this documentary and then head to bed! I shall see you all later!