For those of you just tuning in, this blog is most frequently used for check-ins for A Round of Words in 80 Days, the writing challenge “that knows you have a life”. You can read more about the challenge, or sign up, here. This is the third round I’ll be taking part in.
So I thought about it, and really, I think the best thing to do this round is to keep things very simple, despite the number of projects I want to work on. I am going to be moving house, though hopefully that will be over and done with within a couple of weeks. But as I said a couple of posts ago, I’ve also got choir and musicals happening during this round, plus my grandmother’s 85th birthday and who knows what else is going to crop up!
With that in mind, my goals for Round 3 are these:
- Work for at least half an hour a day on one of the following writing projects:
- Finish first round of edits for Caught in a Bubble (my 2011 NaNoWriMo manuscript) in time for my friend, K, to take over with the second draft for her editing course, which starts in August.
- Complete the second draft of Not So Imaginary, a little 13000 word piece I wrote a few years ago and started polishing up, but never finished.
- Rework Making Friends of Enemies (the WIP I started for the June Camp NaNoWriMo) for a modern-day/future setting.
- Flesh out the demon-centric plot bunny, and possibly also the ghost-centric plot bunny.
- Write one piece of flash fiction per week to practice being less wordy. And post them.
- Write the fanfiction I promised people (this should honestly only take five minutes, as I promised 100 word drabbles, I just have to catch up with my fandoms first).
- Read for half an hour a day, with a view to getting back on track with the “read 30 books in a year” resolution.
- Comment on at least 5 other ROW80 blogs at each check-in.
- In general, make a more concerted effort to interact with people via my writing twitter and the ROW80 Facebook group.
I think that is definitely plenty to keep me going. Looking forward to seeing other people’s goals popping up over the next couple of days! And see you all at the first check-in on Wednesday! 🙂